Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tin Man gets a new Heart

This morning, Chris Parese and I loaded the Pickle onto a car hauler that he was able to line up for me. It was off to the home of Ron Deneke of Ron'sJustChevys. Just when I thought I had people figured out, someone goes and surprises the hell out of me. During a previous conversation with Ron, I had mentioned to Ron that the Pickle was a project with my parents and that not only the car, but the project itself, had a lot of sentimental value to me. So Ron surprised me and said he would measure everything out, weld it all in with a mock engine then pull it all out. He said he wanted me and my parents to be able to drop the motor and tranny in ourselves, so that it was still "our" project. Unbelievable. My pansy-ass had tears in my eyes. Needless to say, Ron has a life-long customer in me. Here are just a couple of pictures as it was dropped off at Ron's house.



No comments: