Tuesday, November 6, 2007

First Inspection

There was a tremendous amount of surface rust. But I bought the DVD instructional set of Paint-u-cation. I quickly learned that that this rust wasn't anything that an angle grinder and a cup brush couldn't handle.



And on the trim as well..






One major fault with the vehicle that was left out of the original description was that the floors were rusted and crudely patched. Since we weren't technically going to "restore" the car, I wasn't too concerned.



We even discussed leaving the floors and spending the money on moor important things...like taking 6 inches out of the pillars.

I took off what was left of the rear fender gravel/mud guards.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Behind that was rust, rust, and more rust.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I figured this would be a good place to start with my cup brush.



And what about that first ficture of the roof? Here it is after I took the cup brush to it. The grinder is time consuming, but no mess from chemical strippers. Nice.

No comments: